Change It! was established out of a heart and desire to do something about the impact of HIV/AIDS in our world.
This is a huge and widespread problem that will not be easily fixed, but just as the story of the starfish goes, we can do something.
The first recipient of collected donations is Good Shepherd Mission (GSM) located in Puttur, India. GSM is building a Care Center for patients who have HIV/AIDS. The patient, as well as the family, will be able to live in one of the cottages, receive medication and care, help tend the garden for sustainable provisions, and receive spiritual and emotional support until they are well enough to return home, or succumb to the disease. A non-infected physician will oversee the faculty of support staff, some of who have tested positive for HIV, but are still able to work.
Please follow this link for complete information about the projects being carried out at GSM.Join us as we attempt to Change Our World With Common Cents.
- stop by a sponsoring partner who is displaying one of our Change It! coin receptacles and drop in your spare change as you make a purchase. (See list below)
- purchase a t-shirt to help spread the word about who we are and what we are doing. (Go to centralchurch.tv and follow the Change It! link. Coming very soon!)
- encourage your friends to participate by supporting our sponsors and dropping in their change, as well.
- watch for details of our upcoming Benefit Concert and plan to attend. Admission will be all the loose change you can bring!
Our Sponsors: (Receptacles now in these locations!)
- Charlie's Chicken (103rd & Memorial)
- Charlie's Chicken (61st & Sheridan)
- Charlie's Chicken (31st & Garnett)
- Charlie's Chicken (71st & 145th)
- Ron's (Jenks)
- B52 Pizza (Broken Arrow)
- Starbucks (111th & Memorial
- Starbucks (81st & Mingo)
- Uncle Vinny's (Broken Arrow)
- Dr. Joe Morgan (81st & Memorial)
- Figaro's Hair Salon (81st & Lewis)
- Boxworks (Utica Square)
- Nelson Nissan (Broken Arrow)
- Season's Home Fragrance and Decor (Downtown Broken Arrow)
- Sun and Ski Sports (71st and Memorial)
- Back Yard Burger (91st and Memorial)
- Back Yard Burger (71st and Mingo)
- Coweta High School (HWY 51 and 305th)
- Denny's Hamburger (Jenks)
- Freshberry (Jenks)
- Dixie Cream Donut Shop (Jenks)
- JB's Donut Shop (Coweta)
- Jenks High School (Jenks)
Change It! is an initiative of Central Church, a registered 501(c)3 organization. Tax deductible check donations can be sent to:
Central Church, Change It!, 7291 East 81st Street, Tulsa, OK 74133
or to donate online go to centralchurch.tv and click on the "donate online" icon, and choose Change it!
Please email Ashley, Conor, Kory, or Mollie your questions at email@example.com.
Tulsa World Article from October 2009